Applying for scholarships or financial aid is free. If you are asked to pay a fee then most likely the scholarship or financial aid is a scam. Here are some helpful tips.
1. If the scholarship is guarnteed. Legitimate scholarship sponsors will not guarntee you scholarship money.
2. If they offer to do all the work for you.
3. You have to pay a fee.
4. Money-back guarntee.
5. Request your credit card number or bank account information.
6. Unsolicited opportunites. You receive notice you won an award for a contest you did not enter.
7. Offers exclusive information.