Return to Headlines

Who can receive Title I services?

Any child that is struggling in the classroom can receive services.
At the end of each school year all classroom teachers fill out a “Needs Assessment” on each child. The needs assessment covers grade level skills in math and reading. This assessment gives the Title I teacher and the classroom teacher a clear picture of which students are struggling and the area that needs the most work. Students can also be referred to the Title I program through teacher or parent suggestion at any time during the school year.
Students who are currently receiving services from the special education department cannot be served in the Title I program also.